Just as we stand behind you to help you pursue your financial dreams, we have teams standing behind us and supporting our business. These firms also strengthen our relationship by providing the resources we need to better serve you.
Our Broker-Dealer – Cetera Advisors LLC
We are affiliated with Cetera Advisors LLC, one of the premier broker-dealers in the industry. As our broker-dealer, they are responsible for executing trades on your behalf. Like all broker-dealers, Cetera Advisors LLC must undergo regular auditing. They are also required to meet specific net capital requirements to ensure they can meet their obligations to investors like you.
As an independent broker-dealer, Cetera Advisors LLC does not have any proprietary products or sales quotas. It is not part of or affiliated with an investment bank, and does not engage in proprietary trading. This independence means that we are free to recommend the financial solutions that best suit your needs, ensuring your objectives are what drive all decisions.
Cetera Advisor LLC’s support for our relationship goes well beyond their function as trade executor. Their network of people and resources helps us pursue your unique goals and vision for the future, providing the technology and access to products as well as the research, product due diligence and industry insight that can help us make more informed decisions. In addition, they deliver the regulatory supervision, guidance, and training to ensure that we are informed of regulatory changes and requirements – oversight that also helps protect you.
How Cetera Advisors LLC Helps US
Among the many benefits we receive from affiliating with Cetera Advisors LLC are:
- State-of-the-art tools and technology to help build your wealth, plan your legacy and pursue your financial goals
- Diverse product choice that delivers the freedom to select financial solutions that best suit your needs and objectives
- Regulatory supervision, guidance, and training to ensure the most up-to-date information on regulatory changes and requirements to help protect you and your investments
- Access to a network of people, services and support that allows us to focus more time on you and your interests
How Cetera Advisors LLC Helps to Protect You
Our affiliation with Cetera Advisors LLC means that:
- Our wealth managers are registered as general securities registered representatives, which allows us to offer investment products, and requires:
- Ongoing continuing education
- Background and fingerprint checks
- We must be registered by Cetera Advisors LLC within each state we conduct business
- We are subject to credit checks conducted by Cetera Advisors LLC to ensure a history of financial responsibility
- Our business is subject to regular auditing
- We must attend an annual compliance meeting to ensure knowledge about any changes in the regulatory environment
While a broker-dealer helps supervise and facilitate the trading that converts your cash into invested assets, those assets are actually held by a custodian. Depending on the type of asset being held and the management relationship we have with you, we may use one or more custodians. Among the custodians we may work with are the following:
Cetera Investment Services LLC custodies certain individual retirement accounts (IRAs) to ensure they meet Internal Revenue Code requirements for tax deferral.
Pershing LLC custodies brokerage accounts (including the brokerage accounts within IRAs) and fulfills a legal responsibility for safeguarding your assets while also providing related administrative services on your behalf, including settlement of purchases, tax and account record keeping, monthly statements, confidentiality and data integrity protections, and more.
TD Ameritrade Institutional custodies brokerage accounts (including the brokerage accounts within IRAs) and fulfills a legal responsibility for safeguarding your assets while also providing related administrative services on your behalf, including settlement of purchases, tax and account record keeping, monthly statements, confidentiality and data integrity protections, and more.
All the custodians that we work with have to meet certain net capital requirements and are subject to regular audits, both internally and by independent firms, to ensure the appropriate handling, segregation and protection of investors' assets.