I serve my clients as a trusted partner adding discipline and objectivity to their financial decision making. Utilizing advanced techniques in financial planning and portfolio construction, I help my clients discover a clear path to pursuing their goals. I have extensive experience helping people through major life transitions, especially job changes and divorce.
My practice is built on 5 fundamentals:
- Goal-based financial planning. The plan we develop together serves as the basis for designing your cash flow and investment strategies. The plan is unique to you and is a living document, updated at least annually to reflect changes in your situation and priorities.
- Wealth preservation strategies. My investment approach is designed to weather volatile markets with the potential to participate in upward trends. The last few years have told us that traditional diversification of asset classes alone is an inadequate strategy.
- Independence. Since I represent no proprietary products, I can make recommendations to you without bias. My only constraints are that the investments are appropriate for you and consistent with your goals.
- Team approach. In addition to my colleagues at Cascadia Wealth Management, my strategic partners consist of Cetera Advisors LLC, Member FINRA/SIPC (a leading independent broker-dealer), a national insurance broker, and a broad network of exceptional attorneys, CPAs, and other professionals.
- Service. I believe in the principle of "Kaizen", that is, continuous improvement, and never being satisfied with the status quo. To that end, I will always look for ways to improve my communication with you, the quality of investments that I recommend, and to continuously upgrade my knowledge and expertise.
Above all, I am honest. I will utilize all my resources to help you make smart choices about your money. I only make recommendations that are in the best interest of my clients, without regard to my benefit. I will not provide advice in areas that I am not qualified to do so.
I currently hold the Series 7, 63, and 65 securities registrations and the CDFA professional designation. I am also licensed for life and health insurance in California (license #0G56932) and the state of Washington.
As a Certified Divorce Financial Analyst, I help clients, mediators and attorneys understand the potential long term impacts of various asset division scenarios. This valuable analysis can be used to protect those with large asset bases or who may not be sophisticated in financial matters and want to create the best possible outcome of the divorce. My practice area of divorce focuses on the Tri-Valley area of the East Bay: Danville, Alamo, Walnut Creek, San Ramon, and Lafayette, Moraga and Orinda.
Prior to serving as a wealth manager, I was a senior executive in global consulting firms Ernst & Young and Capgemini. Serving demanding clients with tight schedules while providing the highest level of service are hallmarks of my tenure there.
My background in management consulting and changing careers has helped me understand the concerns of people changing jobs. What do they do with their 401(k) and 403(b) plans? How should they invest going forward?
Personally, I am a life-long outdoor enthusiast, and typically spend my weekends working in the yard, cycling, or hiking. I have been married since 1986 and a Danville resident since 1987, have two amazing daughters, and a rambunctious Vizsla. Other activities include Past President, Rotary Club of Danville, Leadership San Ramon Valley, and 15 years coaching competitive youth soccer. I enjoy reading just about anything, cooking, good wine, and spending time with friends and family.
Divorce Planning services are not offered through Cetera Advisors, LLC.